Ya know, I've been thinking. The Christian "religion" is based on how immeasurably much our Father loves us. We are instructed in His Word to love others as Christ loves us and to help those in need. Yet, people choose to follow a god who says they're a martyr if, in blowing themselves up, they kill followers of other beliefs. They choose to follow a human whom is now deceased. They choose to worship trees, the moon, seasons, etc.. I'm not meaning to judge them. I just don't understand. His Word also tells us that there is no greater demonstration of love than when one person dies for another, say, jumping on a hand grenade in a fox hole to save his/her buddies.
By the way, I have a hard time with Gods' discipline, too. I don't want anybody to follow the enemy on the DOWN escalator. But, if ya think about it, there has to be some pretty heavy penalties to show that God is serious. If there were no punishment, what would be the point in any good. I read an article where a 15 yr old step sister sold her 7 yr old step sister during a party. That 7 yr old girl was gang raped by 5 people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can definitely see the need for Gods' heavy hand at times. I figure, though, that He is God. He knows what's best for the Big Pictures' sake. I'm not going to argue with Him. He knows the beginning, the end (so to speak) and everything in between. How can a person argue with that?
No comments:
Post a Comment