Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Panic Push

I find it a bit sad that the media along w/ the gov't just insists that we live, at least nearly, in a state of panic. First that comes to mind is the "Millenium Bug", then Swine Flu, now it's Dec. 21, 2012 (The End of the World!!). Ever notice how the news is mostly "Bad" news, ie Irans' nuclear build up, troops killed in Afghanistan (Rare that you hear about the relationships many of our service folks form with the people over there), etc.. I have a Facebook friend in Iraq. He tells me they love the troops and don't want them to leave. Yet, what we see is chanting in the streets about "the great satan".
I'm sure I slip up. I ain't perfect. But, I will not be pushed and rumored into a panic. I look at it like this. God loves me. God's in control. God knows exactly what He's doing. What do I have to worry about?
In Matthew 24 it's stated:
"As he was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately and said, 'Tell us, when will this happen, and what sign will there be of your coming, and of the end of the age?'
Jesus said to them in reply,
'See that no one deceives you
.
For many will come in my name, saying, 'I am the Messiah,' and they will deceive many.
You will hear of wars and reports of wars;
See that you are not alarmed
, for these things must happen, but it will not yet be the end.
Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; there will be famines and earthquakes from place to place. All these are the beginning of the labor pains".
I trust Him, and I know that He won't allow me to suffer more than we can handle together or, if/when I become weak, that He can carry me through. I just need to persevere.

No comments: